Coating & Laminating
As an established division of Emerson and Renwick, Dixon Technologies continues to remain at the forefront of coating technology, with a 110 year history of continuous innovation.
Dixon's original founder, Thomas Henry Dixon, set up T H Dixon & Company in the east end of London, England in the 1890’s to serve the growing photographic industry.
Local and international success fuelled growth and in 1912 the company moved to a new purpose built facility at Letchworth Garden City, England.
Initially Dixon manufactured coating, slitting and cutting machines solely for the photographic industry but soon extended this capability into flexible web machinery of all types.
Dixon has a record of continuously introducing technology that has revolutionised a wide range of industrial processes. A few notable innovations include:
Dixon was the first to introduce the Lab Pilot Coater, paving the way for over 1,000 subsequent installations world-wide.
Dixon pioneered the modular, removable coating system, a concept still in wide use today.
Dixon broke new ground, successfully developing the first fully automatic industrial tissue roll machine.
Dixon Technologies Intellectual Property was purchased by Emerson and Renwick to increase the product range and offer new solutions to the coating industry.
Emerson and Renwick - Dixon joint development of the first roll to roll Carbon nano-tube deposition system.
Emerson and Renwick - Dixon increase product portfolio by addition of product supply of roll to roll vacuum coating machinery.
This reputation remains today where Emerson Renwick - Dixon is recognised world-wide as a market leader in the supply of:
- Complete custom built and modular production coating lines
- Ultra high precision coating machinery
- Atmospheric Pilot coating machinery
- Vacuum Pilot Coating machinery
- Speciality web handling and treating systems
- Special Purpose Coating
For more information on all our coating products please contact us.